Attn: Template Integrators
- 1 Before Site Development
- 2 After Site Completion
- 2.1 New Site Checklist
Before Site Development
Set up for proper shipping method. Adjust cart accordingly (don't need zip code entry if using level shipping, don't need shipping selection if only one shipping method is available).
Generate testing criteria with the client, these will be your measurements of success. Testing criteria will start with the new site checklist below - augment this list with custom functions and templates built for the client. Create at least one testing scenario for each custom function / template possible conditions. If the function / template is to effect other site areas (cart, checkout, orders, importing / exporting) be sure to include a process flow test to ensure those other functions are impacted correctly.
During Site Development
For ANY deviations made from the designs
- Email the client, verify response
- Note in the code when / how the client was notified of the change.
After Site Completion
New Site Checklist
Templates Adjusted to Match Config Settings
- Shopping cart shipping only shows zip code if using Fedex shipping
- Shopping cart shipping only has option box if more than one shipping method is available
Address Collection Form Homogeneity
Address forms should all have same fields AND validation rules, also that all pages that display addresses include all these fields
- Create account (if address is included)
- Address book
- Checkout Billing
- Checkout Shipping
- Order Confirmation
- Viewable / Printable Invoice
- Emailed Invoice
Page Accessibility Conditions are Enforced
- cannot view while logged OUT
- Your Account
- Edit Account
- Address Book
- Order History
- cannot view while logged IN
- Welcome (checkout registration)
- Create Account
- Lost Password
- All Email Content Entered
- Page Management > Send 2 Friend Email Subject and Body
- Campaign > Registration Email, Subject and Body (OR a page is built in page management and the "Registration Email Page ID" is pointing to that page)
- Ecommerce > Invoice Header, Footer, Subject and Emails (OR a page is built in page management and the "Checkout (Confirmation) Email Page ID" is pointing to that page)
- Users > Lost password header, footer, email, subject
- All Forwards Are Completed (and Pages for which are created)
- Page Management > Search Page Id; 404 (not found) Page Id
- Campaigns > Opt In / Out Success / Failure Urls
- Ecommerce > Cart and Checkout Process Page Ids (all a required except "Checkout (Confirmation) Email Page ID")
- Users > Fail Access Authorization URL; Login Successfully URL; Fail Attempted Login URL; Logout URL; Password Expired Link; Create Account Link; Edit Account Link
Template Links Tested
Click ALL links for a page for every template and verify they link to their target. If links appear / disappear or change based on different conditions (logged in, logged out, appear in a loop such as children, appear when cart has items or meets certain conditions, etc) be sure to test under each condition to ensure link operates correctly
Process Flow Tested
- Navigation Flow
- Start at a CNAV category > Category page > Product line page > product page
- Enter Search Keywords > Search > Select a product
- Email Registration Flow
- Enter email into newsletter field > Newsletter registration page > registration complete page > check the email received
- Purchase Flow (after completing all orders, log into administration to check if order is displayed correct and complete)
- WHILE LOGGED OUT: Add one product utilizing each product template built to the shopping cart > checkout registration (continue as guest) > billing address > shipping address > payment > confirmation / review > order complete > view the order > check the email received
- WHILE LOGGED OUT: Add one product to the shopping cart > checkout registration (create account) > create account page > billing address > shipping address > payment > confirmation / review > order complete > view the order > check the email received
- WHILE LOGGED OUT: Add one product to the shopping cart > checkout registration (log in) > billing address > shipping address > payment > confirmation / review > order complete > view the order > check the email received
- WHILE LOGGED IN: Add one product to the shopping cart > (should skip checkout registration) > billing address > shipping address > payment > confirmation / review > order complete > view the order > check the email received
- Account Management
- WHILE LOGGED OUT: Select ALL "Your Account" links/buttons, verify they go to login form.
- WHILE LOGGED OUT: Your Account > Create Account > Your Account Page
- WHILE LOGGED OUT: Your Account > Log in > Your Account Page
- WHILE LOGGED OUT: Your Account > Forgotten Password > Submit Incorrect Email > Verify Error Message
- WHILE LOGGED OUT: Your Account > Forgotten Password > Submit Correct Email > Verify Following Page and Receipt of email with correct content
- WHILE LOGGED IN: Select ALL "Your Account" links/buttons. Verify they all go to "Your Account Page"
- Add one address, edit one address and delete one address from the address book
- View an order through order history
- Change your name and password in the edit account form
Custom Forms Tested
- Enter samples into ALL custom forms built for the web site.
- Verify each form has the 'form type' set to a unique value that will be easy for the client to use when looking up forms in the 'form submissions' area of administration.
- Look up the submissions in the 'form submissions' area of administration, verify all the fields entered passed correctly.
- Verify all email recipients specified in the custom form received the emails with the fields correctly filled out.
- For each form, if newsletter subscription is used, submit the form TWICE (once subscribing, once not) and verify the subscription took by looking them up in the 'subscriptions' area of administration. Follow the newsletter registration process to completion, verify the process works as intended and all content during the course of :*the process is as the client wishes.
Custom Development Tested
Test all CUSTOM processes / templates / functions created for client as per the contract. Use testing criteria for evaluation.