The cart report provides a birds-eye view of where visitors abandoning in the purchase process. As this report can be broken down by source code, email campaign and referring web site, this report can be used to view the success/contribution and ROI made by each of these sources. Access the cart report by selecting the 'cart report' link from the administration link list. Note that only administrators and order managers may access this report.
- As this report is a very resource intensive process, it is recommended to run the report off peak hours and to limit the report to one month intervals (using the to and from date options in the report form).
The cart report form provides fields to filter the report results by. Four filter option fields are available:
- From Date: Using this field will only qualify visitor information where the visitor had first visited the site after or during this date.
- To Date: Using this field will only qualify visitor information where the visitor had first visited the site before or during this date.
- Group By: allows results to be organized by source code, email campaign or referring web site to determine contributions originating from these sources.
- Abandon Filter: sets the number of days that will qualify orders for the abandoned cart data column in the right of the form. Example: if set to "3" than all orders that where not completed within three days of starting of the order will qualify for this column in the report.
Submitting the form will return a report showing a birds-eye view of the sales funnel activity through the site. Use this report to identify where most of the website visitors are dropping off in the purchase process -- where efforts should be focused to improve the process. If the 'group by' option is used, individual cart report lines will be provided for each group that qualifies.