The orders area of site administration allows site managers to look up, view, manage and send out orders. All shopping carts in the system, weather complete or not, can be accessed and managed in this system - which allows access to orders-in-progress. Access the order by selecting the 'Orders' link from the administration link list. Orders is only accessible to administrators and order managers.
Order Search Form
The order search form provides the means to look up and access orders. All orders, weather completed or not (shopping carts in progress) are accessible via this form. The following fields are provided to filter your search:
- First Name: if the user account, shipping address or billing address contain this first name, the order will qualify
- Last Name: if the user account, shipping address or billing address contain this last name, the order will qualify
- Email Address: if the user account, shipping address or billing address contain this email address, the order will qualify
- Order Number: The order number (not orderId) for the order. This is the unique non-sequential number assigned to the order.
- From Date: Qualifies orders created or completed after the entered date.
- To Date: Qualifies orders creates or completed before the entered date.
- Completed: Qualifies only orders that are completed, not completed or either.
- canceled: Qualifies only orders that are canceled, current (not canceled) or either.
Submitting the form via the search button provides a list of orders that fit the filter criteria entered into the form fields. These returned orders can be sorted by clicking any column title. Select the 'view' link to view the order, select the 'edit' link to edit the order. Only orders that have been completed may be edited.
Order Management Form
The order management form provides the means to alter an order.
Adding an Order
To add an order, simply begin shopping as a regular visitor in the front end of the website.
Editing an Order
Order editing is only available on completed orders. Select 'edit' next to the order in the search results to open the order management form for that order. See Order Management Form above for details on how to use this form.
Canceling an Order
For reporting purposes, orders cannot be completely deleted from the system. Use the cancel option instead. To cancel an order, select to edit an order from the search results and select the canceled checkbox in the order management form for that order, submit the order management form to commit your changes.