Product Price Matrices
Product price matrices are used to set bulk purchase discounts. Access the product price matrices by selecting"product price matrices" from the administration link list. Note that only administrators and product managers will have access to this area.
Prices matrices created in the section will be available for any number of products to use. If a product will have bulk pricing options that will not be shared with other products, a method to create a 'private' pricing matrix in the product management form is available as well.
Price matrices may each have multiple dimensions. Each dimension can have it's own set of prices for the same quantities as the other dimensions. These prices in each dimension can be 'activated' using option command in Product Option Groups. Use multiple dimensions to provide different sets of bulk discount pricing based on different options selected by visitors (i.e. have a different set of bulk purchase discounts for size:Large vs size:Small).
Pricing Matrix Listing
To the left of the price matrix management form is the pricing matrix listing. Any matrix name can be selected to view/edit the matrix. Select "add a new matrix" to create a new pricing matrix.
Price Matrix Management Form
The pricing matrix management form is used to add or edit a pricing matrix. The form is broken down into three areas: matrix settings; level options and; listing of products using the price matrix:
- Matrix Settings: the matrix setting set the information about, and behavior of the pricing matrix. The following fields are available in the matrix settings:
- Matrix Name: used to identify the pricing matrix, this value will be visible in the matrix listing to the left of this form along with the select field in products used to select from the pricing matrices available.
- Pricing Option Count: specifies how many dimensions the pricing matrix has. Each dimension can have it's own price set for each quantity. Dimensions are activated using option commands in Product Option Groups.
- Aggregate Benefit: If selected, the products in the cart subscribing to this pricing matrix will benefit from the quantity pricing based on the total quantity of ALL products in the shopping cart that use this pricing matrix (example: is products A and B BOTH use this matrix, A has 200 items, B has 300 items, they will both get the pricing level benefit of 500 items).
- Aggregate Minimum Quantity: sets a minimum total quantity that all products in the shopping cart must add up to in order for checkout to be available and operational (example: if the aggregate minimum is 500 and products A and B, which both use this matrix, have respective quantities of 200 and 250, then checkout will not be available. If they both have repective quantities of 200 and 300, than checkout will be available).
- Level Options: level options is where the quantity levels are decided, and the prices are assigned. Note that the entered price is PER INDIVIDUAL QUANTITY. To add a new price level, enter the quantity and price(s) into the form fields in matrix options form and click 'add'. To remove a quantity level select the 'remove' link next to the level. To edit a level, simply remove the old level and add a new one. Note that no changes to this option listing will be saved until "Post changes to this matrix" button is selected at the bottom of the form.
- Product Listing: The product listing is actually below the form. This listing shows all products that are currently using this price matrix. When creating new pricing matrices, this area will be blank.
Adding a New Price Matrix
To add a new price matrix, select the 'add new matrix' link from the pricing matrix listing to the left of the form. A blank pricing matrix form will be presented, ready to enter a new matrix. See the pricing matrix form information above for details on how to use the form.
Editing a Price Matrix
To edit an existing price matrix, select the price matrix's link from the pricing matrix listing to the left of the form. The pricing matrix form will fill in with the selected matrix' information. See the pricing matrix form information above for details on how to use the form.
Deleting a Price Matrix
To delete a price matrix, select the price matrix's link form the pricing matrix listing to the left of the form. The pricing matrix form will fill in with the selected matrix' information. Click the 'delete' button at the bottom of the matrix form to delete the matrix. Be sure any products using this matrix have had pricing adjusted accordingly before deleting a pricing matrix!