User Management allows administrators to look up, add, edit and delete users. Select 'users' from the administration console options to open the user search form. Any user with a login will be accessible and manageable via user management - this includes site administrators, content managers and even web site visitors with user accounts. User management can be used to control user rights to web site administrative functions or access to controlled content (if the website is built to utilize page authorization).
User Search Form
The user search form provides the means to look up existing users and to add new users. To add a new user, select the "Add New User" button from this form. To find a user to edit, use the user search form to designate filters and select the 'search' button. The following fields are available to filter the user search results:
- First Name: the first name of the user
- Last Name: the last name of the user
- From Date: will qualify only users that where created following the date entered here. Format of the date is "MM/DD/YYYY".
- To Date: will qualify only users that where created preceding the date entered here. Format of the date is "MM/DD/YYYY".
- Email: will qualify only users that have the email address entered here.
- Active Status: will qualify only users that are 'active' (yes) or 'inactive' (no). Leaving this field to 'All' will qualify all users regardless if they are activated or not.
- Groups: selecting one or more groups from this listing will only qualify users that belong to the selected group(s).
User Search Results
Submitting the user search form will return a listing of users that qualify for the filter criteria. Sort the results by selected the column headers. If more than 25 users are found fitting your criteria, you will be provided with links to page through these users. Select the edit link next to any user to view/modify the user.
User Management Form
The user management form is used to add, edit or delete a user. The form is broken down into four types of fields: core user fields, custom user fields, group membership and addresses.
- Be sure to select the "Post Changes" button at the bottom of the form following your user changes to commit the modifications to the database
Core user fields
The core user fields will be available to all web sites in user management. They are as follows:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address: also used by the user as their login, this must be unique for every account.
- Password / Confirm Password: use to set the password for the user - leave these blank in order to not change the password
- Password Hint
- User Image
- User Notes
- Admin Notes
Custom user fields
Any number of custom fields can be created for use in the user management form. User custom fields are created and controlled in settings. All custom fields are visible and manageable in the user management form. Since custom fields can be set to appear before or after any core field, the custom fields could be sprinkled anywhere in the user management form.
Group membership controls what groups the user belongs to. Groups can provide management privileges (administrators, page managers, etc - designated in created in Groups and given privileges via settings) or can provide access to secured pages (if page authorization is enabled in settings). The user belongs to the groups under 'Member of'. To place the user into a group, select the group from the 'Groups Available' list and click the "->" button. To remove the user from a group, select the group from the 'Member of' listing and click the "<=" button
To the right of the address form is a list of current addresses set for the user. Select the edit link above any address to open the address edit form for that address. An "add new address" link is provided to create a new address. Note that changes to these addresses will not effected addresses in completed orders - they need to be managed in the Orders area.
Adding a User
To add a new user, select "Add New User" button from the User Search form. A new user form will open. See User Management Form above for additional details on the fields in the form.
Editing a User
To edit a user, first look up the user using the User Management form (see above for details), then select the edit link next to the desired user. The user form will open populated with information about the selected user. See User Management Form above for additional details on the fields in the form.
Deleting a User
To edit a user, first look up the user using the User Management form (see above for details), then select the edit link next to the desired user. The user form will open populated with information about the selected user. Click the 'delete' button at the bottom of the form to delete the user. A confirmation pop up will verify that you want to delete the user - select ok to execute the deletion.
Adding a User Address
To add a new address, select the 'add new address' link to the right of the user form. The address management form will open.
Editing a User Address
To edit an address, select the 'edit' link above the address you wish to manage. The address management form will open.