Content Libraries provides site managers the means to create 'groups' of image or text content that can be made available for visitors to select from. These groups can be linked to product configurations, which are then presented to visitors as options when personalizing a product. Content Libraries are accessed by selecting the 'Content Libraries' link from the administration link list. Content Libraries are only available if they are turned on in Settings and the site manager is either an administrator or a product manager. In order for content libraries to function, the site must be set to allow product personalization in Settings, the page template for the product must be designed to support personalization and the product must be built with personalization options specified. Talk to your integrator about setting up personalization for products on your web site.
The content library management interface consists of two areas: the link list and; the library form.
Library Link List
Located to the left of the link form, the library link list shows a listing of all content libraries in the system. Any of the libraries can be selected to view / edit the library. An add new library link is located at the bottom of the list to create a new content library.
The library form, located to the right of of the library link list, provides the means to view and manage the information pertaining to a selected library. The consist of the following areas:
Library Meta Fields
- Library Name: For internal use, this name will be used in the library link list to access the library and also be presented anywhere a content library can be selected as an option.
- Description: For internal use, details about the library - only visible to administrators in this form.
Library Control Fields
- Check if this is an image library: Sets if the library contains images. Check for images, uncheck to set for text.
Library Items: The library items is a list of sub-forms for each library item
- Library Item Sub Form
- Item Name: Sets the name that will be displayed to the site visitor to select the item.
- Item Value: Sets the value (either text or an image) that the selected item represents. This text or image could be set to appear to visitors depending on the design of the site - talk to you integrator for details.
- Adding an Item: select the '[+] add item' link at the bottom of the item list, a new, empty item sub-form will be added to the item list.
- Editing an Item: Since all sub-forms are available for all items in the library form, simply make the changes you want in the fields for the item you wish. Note you may have to 'expand' an item to see it's fields.
- Deleting an Item: select the '[-] Remove' link next to the item name to remove it from the list.
- Note that no changes or additions to the form, including items, will be saved to the system until the "Add New Library" or "Edit Library" (whatever the case may be) button is selected at the bottom of the form.
Adding a Library
To add a library, select the '+ add new library' link located at the bottom of the library link list. The library form will be cleared, ready for entry of a new library. See the library form information above for how to use this form.
Editing a Library
To edit a library, select the library's name from the link list. The library form will fill in with the selected library's information. See the library form information above for how to use this form.
Deleting a Library
To delete a library, select the library's name from the link list. The library form will fill in with the selected library's information. Select the delete button at the bottom of the library form to delete the selected library.